Thursday, October 6, 2011

95/366: Something Sweet

It always amazes me.
How we intertwine memories.
With other senses.
Tastes.
Sights.
Smells.
Objects.


I have a sweet tooth.
As such, different treats... 
Remind me of people.
Places.
Times in my life.


Cowtails remind me of my Grandfather.
Who would stop at the corner store.
On the way home from work.
And come home with the caramel and cream treats.
In his shirt pocket.


Swedish Fish remind me of summers spent.
At the neighborhood pool.


Jell-O cake makes me think of my Mom.
Who always made sure.
That I had a cherry Jell-O cake.
Each year on my birthday.


Ben and Jerry's - College.
When I first discovered the wonderful goodness.
Of Phish Food.


Jelly Belly jelly beans.
Those make me smile.
With thoughts of my husband.
Simply because he loves them.


Earlier this week I traveled for work.
One stop on my travels...
A candy store. 
Where I discovered a wall.
Of Jelly Belly's.


Just under a pound of which.
Traveled back to California in my bag. 
Happy Husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment