Wednesday, July 4, 2012

366/366: It Was A Very Good Year

For days.
I have racked my brain.
What should I do?
For the last day.
What image should I capture?

It dawned on me this morning.
That it shouldn't be planned.
Today should be.
As the rest of the last year has been.

A picture that reflects my day.
Good.
Bad.
Mediocre.
Whatever the story may be.

As I relaxed with my family.
I decided.
That this journey.
This year of learning.
About so much more than photography.
Will end as it began.
With me.
A self portrait.

So here I am.
After an hour or so.
Of running around the kitchen.
Making a Fourth of July dinner for my family.

With messy hair.
No make up.
Happy.
Fulfilled.
Not sure what is next.
But confident that great things are in store.

A little pensive.
A little relieved.
A lot proud.
That something I started.
Sun burned and sitting next to my husband. 
On a couch in California.
Is ending.
Completed.
With me happy and sitting next to my husband.
On a couch in North Carolina.

As I have said.
Many times.
In the last year.
Life is good.



6 comments:

  1. very proud husband.
    sitting here next to you.
    in North Carolina.
    been a fantastic year.
    cheering you on.
    with this project.
    i can't wait to see.
    what you do next...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that's the perfect way to end it. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy aka Mrs. HoovsJuly 4, 2012 at 10:02 PM

    A wonderful ending to a wonderful project. I will miss your words and photos, though...

    Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the great shots...ive enjoyed it...maybe the next thing you should do is bring your family to australia for a holiday and do an exhibition of the shots in a small country town in the aussie bush...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the positive words. Matt... I will tell Scott we need to work on a trip to Australia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. your welcome in our house anytime...

    make sure you let me know what the next project is....
    machineshed@bigpond.com

    take it easy ay.
    mm

    ReplyDelete