Monday, April 9, 2012

280/366; Bloom and Grow

We all have those moments.
When time seems to stop.
The world seems to screech to a halt.
The universe seems to center.
Around only ourselves.
Nothing else matters.

I had one of those moments.
This morning.

The other day.
I blogged about my frustrations.
With insurance.
About how I need a device.
So I can hear.
Without it... I hear nothing.

Today.
It quit working.
My morning was moving along quite nicely.
It just seemed.
Like it was going to be a great day.

Then...
Silence.
There are people that crave silence.
That long for it.
I loathe it.
Dread it.
Fear it.

However, as much as time seemed to stop.
For me.
In that one terrifying moment.
It really didn't.

The clock kept going.
I pulled my head together.
Started texting and emailing the right people.
Ordered a replacement part.
That will hopefully have me hearing again.
At least for a little while.

Logged in and worked from home.
Despite not being able to drive to the office.

My husband came home.
We knocked items off of the to do list.
For the move.
Together.

And when the day was done.
As sad and frustrated as I still was.
I looked up and stared at the tulips.
On our table.

The same tulips I posted yesterday.
Clustered tightly in mason jar.
Are now in full bloom.
Drooping.
Lovely.

In that moment.
Looking at those tulips.
In my own little world of silence.
I realized that time keeps going.
Whether we want it to or not.
It isn't a bad thing.
Because if we look hard enough.
We will find the positive.

Sure today stunk.
No way around it.
But I made it through.
And because I did.
I grew...
just like my tulips.

Lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment