Tuesday, June 26, 2012

349/366: Learn Something

I'm not sure.
If it is my new surroundings.
Or a gut instinct.
To nurture after the ups and downs.
Of the last month.

Whatever it is.
I have this desire.
To cook.
Constantly.
I have tried more new recipes in the last two weeks.
Than I have in 8 months.

Much of my daily menu planning.
Stemming from what is in the fridge at the moment.
So it doesn't go bad.
Rather than what is on my mind at the moment.
So my stomach is happy.

Squash and zucchini chips.
With lemon aioli.
Why not.

Baked apples.
Never tried.
Why not now.

It feels right.
Organic.
Natural.
Nurturing.
Like something I am supposed to do.
As a woman.

I don't know if there is any substance to that.
Or just my head trying to make sense.
Of something I don't fully understand.

Whatever it may be.
My heart.
My mind.
My body.
My husband.
Are all enjoying the finished product.




No comments:

Post a Comment