Tuesday, May 1, 2012

302/366: Making a House a Home

Lately I've been thinking quite a bit.
About making a home.

We are buying our first house.
Packing our life.
Moving to North Carolina.

I am so excited.
A bit intimidated.
With all home ownership entails.

Mostly.
I just want our home to be cozy.
To be welcoming.
To be a home.

The other day.
My friend Christina.
Who also moved recently.
Blogged about some of her favorite things.
That made her house.
A home.

With that in mind.
I looked around my kitchen tonight.
I challenged myself.
To pick out three.
Of my favorite things.
That are special to us.
That will be special in our new place.

Here are a few.
Of my favorite things.




2 comments:

  1. Your post today reminded me of a song by a favorite local (not so local now) singer/songwriter.

    http://youtu.be/0e6TKNAoyJk

    Not the best video but you get his introduction to the song and the tune itself. It's a love song to his wife, telling her that she is what makes it a home.

    Your recent blog posts about being away from your husband, packing up, a huge relocation and starting a new life 3000 miles have been very touching. In no time you'll be sharing your North Carolina adventures with us.

    These big transitions are scary. And exciting. I meet people that live whole lives without seeing an ocean, or leaving their state and it makes me sad. It's reassuring to see people willing to take a chance and live outside the box. And as Ellis says in his song, wherever you are, if you have each other, your home.

    Who could have imagined that when you started this 366 project that you'd end it 3000 miles from where you started it!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy aka Mrs. HoovsMay 7, 2012 at 6:38 AM

    I have two of meat grinders like the one in your picture...one from each of my grandpas who worked at the Armor Meat Packing plant in Sioux City, IA. I love them, treasure them and yes, even use them from time to time!

    ReplyDelete