Sunday, September 18, 2011

77/366: Something I'm Afraid Of

I like to plan.
I like to know what I am doing tomorrow.
Next weekend.
Next month.

I like to know how long a movie is.
Before it starts.
I like to know how many miles I am driving.
Before I leave the house.
I like knowing that a project will turn out.
Just as I envision.

However, often.
When I start a new project.
I do so blindly.
With no clear certainty that it will turn out.
As I envision.

I loathe the unknown.
I often fear it.
Yet, I am required to embrace it.
Or, at the very least accept it.

This is my current pile of fabric.
That is hopefully shaping.
Into one amazing skirt.

If it doesn't turn out.
I will be crushed.
Not knowing.
Is the ultimate risk for me.

Accepting this.
Continuing to create.
Is a daily confrontation.
A daily acceptance.
Of my fear.







1 comment: