Saturday, March 3, 2012

243/366: Mad Libs

At our wedding last year.
We left Mad Libs.
At each place setting.
.
They were awesome.
We were graced.
With nuggets of wisdom.
Such as:
Don't fry bacon naked.
We wish you 10 years of happiness and stinky cheese.
Always put the toilet seat down.
Floss every night.

As I was preparing for.
Our Anniversary getaway.
I grabbed the Mad Libs.
To take with us.
I thought it would be fun.
For us to re-read.
All of the marital advice.
We were given.

So as I was packing.
The Mad Libs sat on the table.
I glanced over.
And for just a second.
Lost my breath.

The one on the top.
Was from my grandfather.
Who had a stroke last summer.
Who is no longer able to write.

I stared in disbelief.
At my Grandfather's handwriting.
Something I never thought.
I would see again.

Amongst the pages.
Of funny advice.
From friends and family.
Grandpa had written his advice.
Words like.
Happy.
Life.
Beloved.
Pray.
Faith.

Suddenly.
Something that already meant so much.
Means so much more.

Our anniversary weekend.
Is off to a phenomenal start.

No comments:

Post a Comment