Thursday, March 29, 2012

269/366; A Pleasant Surprise

Preparing to move.
Is a contstant evaluation.
Of our personal belongings.

Sadly.
The yellow chair.
That I tried to salvage.
Didn't make the cut.

So my husband set it outside our garage.
While we ran out to have dinner with friends.
With the thought in mind that we would.
Properly dispose of it.
When we got home.

We pulled into the drive.
And found this little guy sitting in the chair.
I'm not sure where he came from.
I have my suspicions.
I couldn't bear to throw him out.
With the chair.

So I brought him up.
And hooked him.
In the handle of our screen door.
Where he stayed.
Somewhat haphazardly.
For a few days.

Tonight.
After an extremely trying day.
Of dealing with house inspections.
Moving arrangements.
Doctors.
And Stolen Debit Cards.
I rushed home.
In a foul mood.

Only to find.
My little friend.
Had moved to the S.
On the wall by our door.

This small little funny thing.
Made me whole day better.
It's the little things.
That make life happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment