Friday, March 23, 2012

263/366: The Notebook

When I was planning our wedding.
I needed a place.
For all of my spreadsheets.
Lists.
Paperwork.
Ideas.
More lists.
So I bought a notebook.
On clearance.

For three months.
It went everywhere with me.
Crossing an item.
Off of my endless pages of lists.
Gave me so much satisfaction.

After the wedding.
I couldn't bear to throw it away.
I stuck it on a shelf.

A couple of weeks ago.
I started to prepare for our move.
I found myself overwhelmed.
With lists.
Spreadsheets.
Paperwork.

I pulled my notebook off it's shelf.
Dusted off the cover.
Clipped together the pages of wedding plans.
And started planning the next chapter of our life.
Our move across the country.

For the next two months.
The notebook will go with me.
To track packing.
Rental trucks.
Home buying.
Plane tickets.
The road trip.
Of our lives.

I already hope.
I don't fill all the pages.
So that one day.
I will find another reason.
To pull it off the shelf.



No comments:

Post a Comment