Sunday, November 20, 2011

140/366: Fabric and Life

I LOVE fabric.
I have oodles of it.
I have fabric set aside.
For current projects.
Future projects.
Maybe someday projects.
Fabric I like.
Just because.
And need to find a project.
So I can use it.
I have an entire closet.
Of fabric.


Yesterday.
When looking for a fabric.
To finish off a baby quilt.
I spotted this polka dot.
From an aisle away.


I have nothing to use it in.
I am saving it.
For someday.


There is a picture.
Of my great grandmother.
Hannah.

She is wearing a navy dress.
With tiny white polka dots.
Just. Like. This. Print.


When I saw this.
From an aisle away.
My heart sighed.
Hannah.
I could see her.
I could hear her.


Someday.
I will make something.
Of this piece of cloth.
It will carry her spirit.


For now.
It goes on the shelf.
For the right project.
At the right time.
And each time.
I pass it.
I will think of her.



1 comment:

  1. I was just knuckle deep in my stash! Looking for something to bind a quilt. Didn't find it, but I was sort of disgusted with the amount of good fabric I own.

    ReplyDelete