Wednesday, November 30, 2011

150/366:One Dollar

Early in this adventure.
I was tasked with photographing.
Something green.
I chose to showcase.
The plants in our home.
That my husband so effortlessly grows.


Not long after.
I was passing the one dollar bins.
At Target.
They were full of these teeny.
Tiny.
Terra cotta.
Pots.
Grow your own herbs.


On a whim I selected basil.
Cilantro.
Parsley.
Exchanged my three dollars.
Brought my three tiny terra cotta pots home.
Put them on a shelf.
For months.
Untouched.
Daring me.


Finally.
Several weeks ago.
I worked up the confidence.
To plant my herbs.


My husband offers to water them.
I turn him down.
I am determined.
To GROW something.


Yesterday.
The first one sprouted.
I am SO proud.
The rest of them could die.
It won't matter.
I have a sprout.
That I.
Grew.
By myself.


Former killer of all things green.
Now a grower.
Of herbs.
That we can use.
While cooking.


Amazing.
The confidence acquired.
From one dollar.







No comments:

Post a Comment