Saturday, August 13, 2011

41/366: Sparkle

Sparkle.
One of MY. FAVORITE. THINGS.

My junior year of High School.
When shopping for a prom dress.
I came across a teal and silver.
All sequined.
Oh my gosh I have to have this dress.
Dress.
The next day.
My mom went back to the mall with me.
And it was MINE.
FOREVER.

Prom is many years passed.
However this is one of the few dresses.
From all the dances.
That has stayed with me.
Sometimes I think I will cut it up.
Make a fantastic handbag.
Or a crazy pillow.

Most days.
I think about a little blond girl.
With a pixie cut.
That loved to twirl.
In her Mom's sparkles.
Dancing in front of the mirror.
In flowing late 70's disco dresses.

On those days.
I smile and hope.
That some day.
I will have a little girl.
That loves to twirl.
And dance.
In teal sequins.






No comments:

Post a Comment