Sunday, January 1, 2012

182/366: Resolutions

One year ago today.
I bought a bolt of burlap.
Don’t ask me how I remember this.
I have a freakish memory.
It just is.

12 tote bags
6 monogrammed table runners
5 buntings
Countless handmade flowers.
Headbands.
Table coverings.
And two weddings later…
I still have a few yards left.

My point with all of this?
I’m not one for resolutions.
I didn’t make them last year.
Yet in 2011.
I accomplished more.
Than I ever have before.
No resolutions required.

I designed.
Planned.
Sewed.
Baked my way to a wedding.
I started a blog.
I made new friends.
I finished quilts.
I read books.
I photographed a wedding.
I photographed friends.
I laughed.
I cried.
I traveled.
It was the year of the burlap...
And so much more.

Maybe it was focus.
Determination.
Necessity.
Maybe I’ve found a bit more.
Of who I am.
Who I’m supposed to be.

Whatever the case.
It was enough to convince me.
That there is no need for resolutions.

I know what I want from 2012.
It can’t be found.
In secret lists jotted in a notebook.
No pages ripped from magazines to inspire.
I don’t know if there will be burlap.

Here is to 2012.
To no resolutions.
To more of me.
My way.



No comments:

Post a Comment