Monday, January 9, 2012

190/366: From the Kitchen

Day two.
Cooped up in the house.
I'm going a little stir crazy.


Lately I've been in.
A bit of a slump.
I spent the month of December.
Focusing only on.
All things Christmas.


Now.
I'm have a bit of a post holiday.
Funk.
Which has me feeling less than creative.
When it comes to blogging.


It is feeling a bit forced.
A bit unnatural.
I miss the fun.
The light heartedness.


I probably sound a bit whiney.
I'm not sure how to explain it.
Other than to say.
This journey for me is about.
The experience.
The self satisfaction.
The learning curve.
At the end of the day.
I want to feel good.
Great even.
About what I have done.


The past week or so.
That feeling has been lacking.
I suspect.
Once I snap out of this post holiday blah.
Get over this sickness.
And REALLY focus.
It will all go away.
I'll be as good as new.
I will look back on this post and think.
What was my problem?


Tonight.
I had an idea.
I wanted something fun.
I was looking at the pile of laundry.
In need of folding.
That is not fun.


I thought about our refrigerator.
Random I know.  
I don't have a clue what this has to do.
With the laundry.


Only that at that moment.
I thought about it.
How it is covered.
Cluttered.
Over run.
With every magnet under the sun.


Magnet poetry.
Multi-colored ABC magnets.
The number for the local pizza place magnet.
A save the date from a friends wedding a year ago magnet.
You name it.
We have it.
On our refrigerator.


It amazes me.
That two people.
That are both organized.
Everything in it's place kind of folks.
Have a fridge that is so covered.
And cluttered.
I love it.  
I wouldn't change it for anything.


So I am inspired.  I grab the camera.
One the way to the refrigerator.
I am struck by the bright colors.
Of the fruit bowl.
How our carelessly tossed fruit.
Looks strategically placed.
For Painting 101.


So for tonight.
You get two photos.
A fruit bowl and a refrigerator.
From my kitchen.
To your screen.









No comments:

Post a Comment