Monday, January 2, 2012

183/366: All By Myself

I suffer from a wonderful.
Terrible.
Sometimes maddening.
Incredibly satisfying need.
To make things myself.

I don't look at something in a store.
And think...
I want that. I'm going to buy that.
I think...
I like that.  Can I make it?

I also have.
A bit of a talent.
For biting off more.
Than I can chew.

I will agree to something.
Take on a new project.
Add to my never ending to do list.
Simply.
Because I can.

I'm not complaining.
The satisfaction of making.
Creating.
Doing.
By myself.
Is wonderful.

Case in point.
Hand made presents.
This year there were many.
More than I had time for.
Yet somehow.
I managed to pull it all together.

One of my favorites...
This bag I made for my mother in law.

I could have bought her a bag.
A beautiful bag.
For all of her newly acquired knitting supplies.
But I didn't.
I made it.

And that...
Was the best part.







No comments:

Post a Comment