Sunday, January 15, 2012

196/366: Tchotchkes

I don't like tchotchkes.
I hate the word.
I don't even know.
That I know how to correctly pronounce it.
Does anyone?
I have to look it up.
Anytime I want to spell it.
If I am reading and come across it.
I automatically replace it with the word knick knack.
I find that to be.
Slightly less offensive.

When I think of tchotchkes.
I think of little ceramic people.
Bowls.
Dust catchers.
Everywhere.
I think of cat ladies with houses.
Full of old books and needless tchotchkes.

The problem with this?
I am way off.
In all actuality, my house is filled.
With stuff.
Mostly old.
Antique.
Vintage.
Non ceramic.

Yet, it still catches dust.
This stuff of mine.
I collect things.
Regardless of the type of things.
I collect.
My things are not superior to those.
Of anyone else.
Even cat ladies.

I have knick knacks.
I have.
Vintage.
Antique.
Super cool.
Collectible.
Tchotchkes.
Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment