Saturday, January 21, 2012

202/366: The Tutu

I never thought of myself.
As the type of girl.
That would make a little baby.
A tutu.

Then I heard those magic words.
Your going to be an aunt...
and it's a girl.

It started simply enough.
Custom onesies.
A crib set.
Booties.

Next thing you know.
I'm shopping for tulle.

I've never minded the thought.
Of making giant poofy skirts.
For adults.
Even older girls.
But never in a million years.
Did I see myself making a baby tutu.

Everyone says it is so easy.
Perhaps.
Or maybe. Just maybe.
You have someone like me.
That won't settle for the wimpy skirt.
I was left with after completing the tutorial.

So I had to add more tulle.
And Ribbon.
And trim and cut and add some more.
And trim and cut some more.
Until I was covered in tiny pieces of tulle.

In the end.
She will have a beautiful.
Multi colored.
Full.
Tutu.

It might be a little big.
A lot big.
She will either look ridiculously adorable.
Or like a loofah.

She's my niece.
She'll be able to get away with it.
Aunt Holly said so.

No comments:

Post a Comment