Monday, January 30, 2012

211/366: Time to do the Ironing

All day long.
The iron has been beckoning.
To have it's photo taken.

This morning I looked up.
And a tiny sliver of light.
Was peaking through the curtains.
Illuminating only the iron.
In an otherwise dimly lit room.

Later, after I had opened the curtains.
I walked into the room.
At such an angle.
That when I looked at the iron.
The sun was making a perfect starburst.
Right on it's tip.

Tonight after I got home.
As I sat with my husband talking.
I was mesmerized by the reflection.
Of the ceiling fan.
In it's side.

It's not exciting, but something about it.
Struck me as pretty today.
I should note.
That it isn't always in my living room.
Just when I am sewing.
Which lately is a lot.
But not ALWAYS.
I do put it away... occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment