Wednesday, July 13, 2011

10/366: A Childhood Memory

When I was little. Maybe 4 or so.
My Aunt Ettie and Uncle Murph used to come visit us in Ohio.  
From California.
They had a big blue suitcase.
My Aunt had spectator pumps.
And sweet smelling perfume.
And soft hands with pink nails.
My uncle had a kind wrinkled face.
And a robust laugh.
I used to sit in my Grandparents living room and sing Go Tell Aunt Rhodie with him.
They brought me shirts from California. 
I wore them ragged and packed them away for someday.





My parents were married when I was four. 
It was one of the most special moments of my childhood.
I will treasure it always.
My Dad wore a snazzy blue jacket.
My Mom wore an off white suit.
They looked magical.  In love.
I knew I would never settle for less.






My husband and I are big kids.
Our hall closet is full of childhood memories.
I always win at Connect Four.
He is the household Game of Life champion.
I bought him Rockem' Sockem' Robots. 
The same day he told me he loved me the first time.







No comments:

Post a Comment