Tuesday, July 26, 2011

23/366: Sunflare

There are days when life throws you a curveball.
Then there are days.
When that curveball.
Smacks you right in the face.
And knocks you off your feet.
Today was the latter.

When life knocks the wind out.
My husband tells me to be strong.
I always imagine a steel rod.
That runs through the center of me.
Anchoring me.
Keeping me from crumbling.
Today I latched on to that imaginary strength.
With all that I had.

Through it all.
I must smile.
I must laugh.
I must keep my humor.

Today's assignment was sunflare.
I got home after the sun went down.

So here is my sun and my flair (ala Office Space).



2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think of a Zen-ish metaphor about holding a wet bar of soap. The tighter you grip it the less successful you are. By resting the wet bar in your open hand you have the most control over it, and it's the least amount of work.

    Here's to a fresh start with a new day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. Very wise words!

    ReplyDelete