Thursday, July 7, 2011

4/366: Something Green

Have you ever looked at a pair of shoes and wondered where they have been?  Tried to remember all the places they have carried you?


I love my green Chucks.  
I bought them in Ohio.  
I excitedly messaged my future husband from the store as I was checking out.
I wore them to California to visit him.  
They were with me the day he took me on a Ferris Wheel for the first time and asked me to be his girlfriend.
I was still wearing them later that day when in the middle of watching the Chargers/Ravens game in a little deli he told me he loved me for the first time.
I wore them two months later.  
On a drive to Chicago to meet my love's sister and her family.  
As soon as she told me she liked my shoes, the butterflies in my stomach calmed.
I wore them the 12/20/2009.  The day my love and I kissed my family.  
Climbed in my tightly packed car and headed west.  
I took their picture on the dashboard of my car as he drove us through Oklahoma and Texas.
They were on my feet as I stood with him on his parent's doorstep for the first time.
They have adventured with me around Southern California. To the beach. To the mountains. To Disneyland.
I wore them the day of my wedding.  
Just before the ceremony a friend removed my snazzy blue heels and photographed me in my wedding dress and my green Chucks.


I love my green Chucks.  Comfortable. Faithful. Happy. Adventurous.  Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment